Tag: 上海龙凤1314shlf

first_imgShares of Sun Pharmaceutical Industries rose by more than Rs 23 on the BSE on Tuesday morning and were trading at Rs 762 at about 1:45 pm responding to reports that the company was planning to buy Intas Pharmaceuticals for Rs 15,000 crore.The share had plunged about 4.5% on Monday after it said the US FDA issued a warning letter on its Halol plant in Gujarat after an inspection in September 2014 during which it found possible deviations from good manufacturing practices.If the deal goes through, it will mark the second-biggest acquisition for Sun Pharma after Ranbaxy, which was acquired for $4.5 billion in a stock deal.The proposed deal to acquire Intas Pharmaceuticals will entail a cash outgo of Rs 7,500 crore and the rest by way of stock,  DealStreetAsia quoted a source familiar with the development as saying. Ahmedabad-based Intas Pharma manufactures tablets, capsules, parenterals and cytotoxic formulations for the central nervous system (CNS), cardiovascular system, diabetology, gastroenterology, urology, pain management, animal health care, oncology and biotechnology, DealStreetAsia added.Sun Pharma has been acquiring and selling units over the past few weeks. Last week, it sold its manufacturing facility in Ohio, the US, to Nostrum Laboratories and in November this year, it bought American eyecare firm InSite Vision. Sun Pharma did not disclose the deal value for the sale of its Ohio facility, while saying the “financial impact” on the company was “negligible”.The company said it would cooperate with the US FDA for possible remedial measures at its Halol plant. “We will continue to cooperate with the US FDA and undertake any additional steps necessary to ensure that the US Agency is completely satisfied with our remediation of the Halol facility,” said Dilip Sanghvi, managing director, Sun Pharma, in a regulatory filing on 19 December. Meanwhile, Intas Pharmaceuticals is likely to come up with an IPO, having got market regulator Sebi’s nod for it. The IPO will give an opportunity for ChrysCapital to exit partially, after having failed twice, in 2011 and 2013, due to poor market conditions, said DealStreetAsia.last_img read more

first_img Cyclone Fani | The cyclonic storm completely moved into land The schools and colleges in Gujarat have declared a holiday on June 13, anticipating the impact of the cyclone. (Representational Image)The cyclonic storm Vayu is fast moving northwards over the east-central Arabian Sea and is expected to hit the Gujarat coast between Porbandar and Mahuva in early hours of Thursday, June 13.The cyclone is expected to intensify into a severe cyclonic storm in the next 12 hours. It will hit the Gujarat coast around Veraval and Diu region, with windspeed going up to go up to 110-120 kmph gusting to 135 kmph.The deep depression is located off the Lakshadweep coast near Aminidivi. Cyclone Vayu over East Central Arabian Sea.CS ‘VAYU’ about 350 km west-southwest of Goa at 0830 IST. To move nearly northwards & cross Gujarat coast between Porbandar & Mahuva around Veraval & Diu region as a Severe Cyclonic Storm with wind speed 110-120 kmph gusting to 135 kmph during early morning of 13th June 2019. pic.twitter.com/LbjZI6RMwu— India Met. Dept. (@Indiametdept) June 11, 2019Fishermen have been advised to not venture into Southeast Arabian Sea, Lakshadweep area, along the Kerala and Karnataka coasts on Tuesday and the east-central Arabian Sea and along the Maharashtra Coast on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Advisory has also been given to not venture into the Northeast Arabian Sea and along Gujarat coast on Wednesday and Thursday.The schools and colleges in Gujarat have declared a holiday on June 13, anticipating the impact of the cyclone. The Gujarat government is on high alert and has decided to deploy 10 teams of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) personnel in coastal areas of Saurashtra and Kutch from Tuesday morning.The government will also put the Army, the Navy and the Coast Guard on alert. Chief Minister Vijay Rupani also reportedly said that people living in the coastal belt would be shifted to safer places.”We have cancelled leaves of all the employees concerned and asked them to join the duty. After the Cabinet meeting, all the ministers will go to various districts to oversee relief and rescue operations,” Rupani told reporters in Gandhi Nagar. IBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:02/1:10Loaded: 0%0:02Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-1:08?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Impact in other statesDue to changes in wind direction because of Vayu, isolated dust storm and thunderstorm activity are also expected in parts of Rajasthan on Tuesday, leading to a marginal drop in temperatures over the region. Scattered dust storm followed by rain and thundershower is expected over many parts of Rajasthan on Wednesday and Thursday.Mumbai would see good rains and high-velocity winds as the cyclone is expected to cross 250-300 km away, parallel to the Mumbai coast, in the early hours on Wednesday.In Kerala, Alappuzha recorded 106 mm of rain, Kottayam 92 mm, Kochi 91 mm, Thiruvananthapuram 58 mm, and Kanyakumari 36 mm within a span of 24 hours. Heavy to very heavy rains are expected over coastal Karnataka and Goa in the next 24 hours.A cause of worryBut while Vayu is expected to not result in widespread destruction, it is a cause of worry because it is likely to halt the northward progression of the monsoon for a few days, by sucking all the moisture from the monsoon winds towards itself.The arrival of the monsoon has already been delayed, hitting the Kerala coast on June 8 instead of June 1. Closelast_img read more

first_imgLaunching a fresh attack against Twitter, Trump complained his followers kept fluctuating on the platform and he is losing them fast during the social media summit at the White House.IANSUS President Donald Trump lashed out at social networking platforms, especially Twitter, during the social media summit at the White House for censoring Republican views and blocking Americans from following him.As the summit was about to begin on Thursday, Twitter went down for nearly an hour. The outage was due to an “internal configuration change” that was fixed by the time the President started addressing the summit.Launching a fresh attack against Twitter, Trump complained his followers kept fluctuating on the platform and he is losing them fast, CBS News reported.”People come up to me, saying ‘Sir, we want to follow you; they don’t let us on’,” Trump told a gathering of conservatives and his far-right supporters.Interestingly, no representative from Twitter, Facebook or Google was invited to be part of the summit.”I have millions of people, so many people I wouldn’t believe it, but I know that we’ve been blocked. People come up to me and they say, ‘Sir, I can’t get you. I can’t follow you’,” he added.Twitter removed several fake accounts last year and in the process, Trump also lost nearly 3 lakh followers.”The President said he’s directing his administration to search for any regulatory or legislative action it can take to avoid censorship,” the report mentioned.Others present at the social media summit were Senator Josh Hawley, a Republican who favours stricter regulations for tech companies to avoid censorship.Senator Marsha Blackburn and Republican Matt Gaetz were also in attendance who have accused Twitter of censoring tweets.Right-wing provocateur James O’Keefe, the founder of Project Veritas, was also present.In his last meeting with Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey, Trump reportedly questioned the former specifically on why he was losing followers the micro-blogging platform.The White House recently launched a new tool for people to report if they have been wrongly censored, banned or suspended on Facebook and Twitter.The tool comes in the wake of several Republicans slamming Facebook and Twitter for censoring conservative speech on both the platforms.Trump in a March tweet accused Facebook, Google and Twitter of being “on the side of the Radical Left Democrats”.last_img read more

Turkish diplomat among two shot dead in Iraq
first_imgIraqi Kurdish security stand guard outside the restaurant where two people were shot dead in Arbil, the capital of northern Iraq`s Kurdish autonomous region on 17 July, 2019. Photo: AFPThe Turkish vice consul to Iraq’s autonomous Kurdish region was among at least two people shot dead Wednesday in the regional capital Arbil, prompting pledges of “retaliation” from Ankara.No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far, but Turkey is already waging a fierce offensive against Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) bases in northern Iraq.On Wednesday afternoon, at least one gunman fired on Turkish consulate workers in a restaurant in Ainkawa, a northern Arbil neighbourhood that hosts numerous restaurants and the Turkish consulate.”A shooting in front of a restaurant in Arbil left a Turkish consulate employee and a civilian dead, and wounded a third person,” said the Kurdish internal security forces, known as the Asayish.The diplomat was identified by a local police source to AFP as the Turkish vice consul. The source said the attacker fled the scene.A spokesman for the Iraqi foreign ministry confirmed the incident and condemned the attack.Turkey’s foreign ministry said an “employee” at its Arbil consulate was killed in a shooting outside the consulate.”We are continuing our efforts with the Iraqi government and local authorities to find the perpetrators of this attack as quickly as possible,” said Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.His spokesman Ibrahim Kalin vowed “the necessary response will be given to those who committed this treacherous attack.”- ‘Heinous’ attack -The Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), which now leads the regional government, enjoys good political and trade relations with Turkey.But one sticking point is the PKK, which operates rear bases across Iraq’s mountainous north.The PKK is classified as a “terrorist” group by Turkey, the United States and the European Union because of the three-decade insurgency it has waged against the Turkish state.Turkey has been conducting a ground offensive and bombing campaign since May in the mountainous northern region to root out PKK pockets.Earlier this month, the PKK announced that one of those raids killed senior PKK leader Diyar Gharib Mohammed along with two other fighters.A spokesman for the PKK’s armed branch denied the group was involved in Wednesday’s shooting.According to Turkish state media, the attacker was dressed in plain clothes and carried two guns when he stormed the restaurant in Ainkawa, a bustling northern district of Arbil.Witnesses in the city said checkpoints had been quickly set up inside and around the neighbourhood.The US embassy slammed the attack as “heinous” and offered its condolences to the Turkish mission, calling for “the defence and safety of foreign diplomats and diplomatic missions in Iraq.”Several rocket attacks have targeted diplomatic missions in Iraq in recent months, including near the US and UK embassies in Baghdad’s “Green Zone.”The US in May ordered all non-essential personnel of its Baghdad embassy and Arbil consulate to leave the country.And in June, protesters gathered outside the Bahraini embassy in Baghdad.Authorities in Iraq, which is witnessing a period of relative calm since declaring victory against the Islamic State group in 2017, have pledged to protect embassies.last_img
Marshmello to Headline YouTubes VidCon 2018 Event

first_imgYouTube is teaming up again with Viacom-owned VidCon for a splashy evening event spotlighting music and homegrown creators at the online-video confab’s flagship U.S. event next month.Recording artist and EDM DJ Marshmello, whose hits “Alone” and “Silence” have over 1 billion YouTube views, will headline the YouTube OnStage event and perform several of his fan favorites. Marshmello has over 14 million subscribers and 2.4 billion views to date on his three-year-old YouTube channel.YouTube OnStage also will feature appearances by top creators, including Liza Koshy — who will appear alongside the cast of her YouTube original series “Liza on Demand” — along with Collins Key, Merrick Hanna, Kyle Hanagami and others.The event will be held Thursday, June 21, at The Arena at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, Calif., and will be open to all VidCon attendees through a ticket-lottery system. ×Actors Reveal Their Favorite Disney PrincessesSeveral actors, like Daisy Ridley, Awkwafina, Jeff Goldblum and Gina Rodriguez, reveal their favorite Disney princesses. Rapunzel, Mulan, Ariel,Tiana, Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine all got some love from the Disney stars.More VideosVolume 0%Press shift question mark to access a list of keyboard shortcutsKeyboard Shortcutsplay/pauseincrease volumedecrease volumeseek forwardsseek backwardstoggle captionstoggle fullscreenmute/unmuteseek to %SPACE↑↓→←cfm0-9Next UpJennifer Lopez Shares How She Became a Mogul04:350.5x1x1.25×1.5x2xLive00:0002:1502:15 Popular on Variety center_img The fact that YouTube is putting the spotlight on music by enlisting Marshmello (the stage name of Christopher Comstock) underscores the importance of music to the Google-owned video giant. Next week, Google is launching YouTube Music, a subscription service priced at $10 per month, with ad-free access to millions of songs. In addition, the YouTube Red subscription service is going away, replaced by YouTube Premium ($12 monthly) for access to ad-free video, music and YouTube originals.It’s the second year YouTube is throwing a party at VidCon US. The 90-minute show at VidCon is sponsored by LEGO Systems and Sony Pictures Animation’s “Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation.”In 2017, VidCon’s Anaheim convention drew over 30,000 fans, creators, and industry execs. VidCon, which was founded by YouTube vloggers Hank and John Green, was acquired by Viacom earlier this year. The Australian version of VidCon is in its second year, and Viacom has announced that it will take the franchise to the U.K. with VidCon London slated for February 2019.last_img read more

first_img Attend this free webinar and learn how you can maximize efficiency while getting the most critical things done right. Smartphones don’t play well with hot cars. If you’ve ever received the dreaded temperature warning on your phone’s home screen after leaving it in a sizzling vehicle for too long, you know exactly what we’re talking about. And so does General Motors.The struggling American automaker knows your phone needs to cool out in the dog days of summer, too, just like you. If it doesn’t, if the temperature around your iPhone, Android or, fine, your BlackBerry, exceeds about 95 degrees, the high heat can shorten its battery life and potentially slow down its processor. Double bummer. Worse, permanent damage could occur and, in rare cases, the gadget you can’t live without could completely go kaput.Related: Proceed With Caution: Should Smartphones Come With a Warning?Terrifying, right? Well, GM, in a bid to “find new roads” and connect with tech-savvy younger drivers, doesn’t want any of the above to happen to your precious phone either. That’s why the 107-year-old company is adding a fancy new smartphone air-conditioning feature to some of its 2016 Chevy models, a modern move its hailing an “industry first.”Finally, your phone can chill out in its own, personal “Active Phone Cooling” cubby, basically a nook outfitted with a plastic a/c vent nozzle. That is if you get behind the wheel of a wireless-charging equipped 2016 Chevy Cruze, Impala, Malibu or Volt.GM says its engineers stumbled upon the idea while testing a smartphone wireless charging feature. “They noticed some smartphones would suspend charging or shut off all together after only a few minutes in high temperatures inside a car’s cabin,” a statement from the Detroit-based company reads. To combat the problem, they simply directed an air vent connected to the car’s a/c and ventilation system at the “charging bin where the phone rests.” And — easy, breezy — cooled air helps keep your phone from frying like an egg. Crisis averted…or so they say.Related: Texting and Driving? Not So Fast — General Motors is Watching You“Innovation doesn’t mean reinventing the wheel,” Impala engineer Dan Lascu says. “Sometimes simplicity offers the most elegant solution to a problem.”Simple — or just plain silly — we see this thing catching on, given ‘Murica’s incurable addiction to smartphones. Someday, probably sooner than later, maybe smartphone a/c will come standard in all vehicles, even the ones we won’t drive. Either way, here’s to hoping better backseat a/c routing rolls out first to keep other precious cargo — like living things, pets and kids — cool.Related: GM Open to Working With Google on Developing Self-Driving Cars      For more on how the chill new feature works, check out this video:What do you think? Do you want smartphone a/c in your ride? Tell us in the comments section below.Related: This Handy Gadget Is Like Google Glass For Your Car 3 min read July 6, 2015center_img Free Webinar | Sept 5: Tips and Tools for Making Progress Toward Important Goals Register Now »last_img read more