Tag: 兰州信息网

first_imgA wanted criminal was on Saturday killed and two others were arrested during an encounter with the Punjab Police in Himachal Pradesh’s Bilaspur district, an official said. The deceased was identified as Sunny Masih of Punjab’s Gurdaspur district, Bilaspur Superintendent of Police Ashok Kumar said. Mr. Kumar told PTI that five criminals had snatched a car from a person at gunpoint in Mohali district in Punjab. He said after receiving information, the police chased them. When the police team reached close to them near the PWD Rest House in the Naina Devi area, one of the criminals opened fire on them, the SP said. The police retaliated and Masih suffered serious injuries, he added. He was taken to a hospital in Anandpur Sahib in Punjab, where he died, Mr. Kumar said. The other two criminals – Amanpreet and Goldy – were arrested, he said, adding that two of the five persons managed to escape.The incident took place around 3 a.m., according to the Punjab Police. Mohali Senior Superintendent of Police Kuldeep Singh Chahal and other police officials reached the spot of the encounter, Mr. Kumar said. “They had snatched a car and also fired a shot,” Mr. Chahal said. The Bilaspur SP said they were listed as accused in several cases in various police stations in Punjab.last_img read more

first_imgThe BJP is raising the issue of abrogation of certain provisions of Article 370 in the run up to the Jharkhand Assembly polls as a “ploy” to divert people’s attention from “monumental failures” of the Raghubar Das Government, JMM working president Hemant Soren alleged on Sunday. The former Jharkhand Chief Minister’s sharp attack comes days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah referred to Article 370 while listing the achievements of the NDA 2.0 government in their public addresses in the poll-bound State.Mr. Soren said the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) will raise people’s issues in the campaign and promised that if voted to power, his Government will ensure 75% reservation for the youth of Jharkhand in private jobs. In an interview to PTI, he said if JMM forms the government, it will ensure five lakh jobs within one year, unemployment allowance to those who are jobless, reserve government tender up to ₹25 crore for people from the State, implement 50% reservation for women in jobs and 27% reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs). Asked about the BJP raising the Article 370 issue in Jammu and Kashmir, Mr. Soren said a government which fails to address economic and social crises and key issues that affect everyday lives of citizens, resorts to “creating sharp polarisation in the society”.“Lightning doesn’t strike a place twice and similarly the BJP cannot fool the people all the time. Raising the issue of Article 370 during state assembly polls campaign is nothing but the BJP’s ploy to divert people’s attention from its monumental failures in governance in Jharkhand,” he said. Prime Minister Narendra Modi might have been successful in securing an NDA victory based on the post-Pulwama and Balakot nationalistic fervour, but the people of Jharkhand have had enough of this “apathetic” state government and are waiting to throw it out in the upcoming assembly polls, he claimed. Mr. Soren said his party’s sole aim is to free Jharkhand’s 3.5 crore people from the “insensitive” BJP government. “For this purpose, we are willing to coordinate with all like minded parties to collectively fight the BJP and its divisive policies. JMM was instrumental in the fight to achieve Jharkhand as a separate state, and if necessary, will again engage in the struggle to ensure Jharkhand shines bright on the nation’s map,” he said “The entire Opposition has already had a meeting and once I get over with the ongoing ‘Badlav Yatra’, I will sit again with all party leaders,” he added. JMM, Congress, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) and Rashtriya Janata Dal had contested the Lok Sabha polls in alliance earlier this year, but managed to win just two out of the 14 seats. He said conversations are ongoing to firm up the Opposition alliance and there was still time to finalise its shape. Mr. Soren, who has been touring the State as part of his ‘Badlav Yatra’ and connecting with the masses, claimed there was a lot of anger among the people of the state as the Raghubar Das Government had failed to meet their aspirations.“Farmers and farm labourers have committed suicide, families have been destroyed, anganwadi workers are on an indefinite fast, para teachers were on a statewide strike and the police brutally lathi charged them as if they were deadly criminals, youth not getting jobs are ending their lives and the state government is giving government jobs to people from outside Jharkhand,” he alleged.last_img read more

first_imgPliskova sweeps into Cincinnati semis, Nadal comes up short He wore black ribbons during an earlier match in tribute to the victims of twin vehicle ramming attacks in Spain that left 14 dead. A driver plowed his van through crowds on Barcelona’s busy Las Ramblas boulevard on Thursday, and early Friday a car struck pedestrians in the Catalan seaside resort of Cambrils.“What happened is terrible. Everybody is destroyed in Spain, including, of course, me,” Nadal said Friday. “Yeah, it’s a tragedy, the feeling that you are not safe in nowhere. That’s terrible. So just very sad.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games opening“I’m very, very sorry about what happened to all the victims, all the families, friends. Yeah, all my support. It’s the moment to be together like a country and all the being together, we go for these kind of things.”READ: Terror hits Spain; 14 dead MOST READ AUGUST 18: Rafael Nadal of Spain celebrates after defeating Albert Ramos-Vinolas of Spain during Day 7 of the Western and Southern Open at the Linder Family Tennis Center on August 18, 2017 in Mason, Ohio.AFP/GETTY IMAGESCINCINNATI—Spain’s Rafael Nadal, who returns to the world number one ranking on Monday for the first time in three years, remains “destroyed” by the terror attacks that rocked his homeland.Nadal was upset by Australia’s Nick Kyrgios in a Friday quarter-final at the WTA and ATP Cincinnati Masters, the last major tune-up for the US Open.ADVERTISEMENT Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Spanish rival Albert Ramos-Vinolas and Wimbledon women’s champion Garbine Muguruza also wore black ribbons.“All my support to Barcelona and especially to the people that are suffering a lot, for all the families of the victims,” Nadal said. “Just keep going and sorry for everything.”Nadal, a 15-time Grand Slam champion, won his 10th French Open title in June and enters the year’s final Grand Slam event, which starts August 28 in New York, thrilled at being back atop the rankings after knee injuries and setbacks since he was last number one back in July 2014.“Amazing, positive news,” Nadal said. “Being number one after all the things I’ve been going through the last couple of years is something unbelievable, so for me it’s an amazing achievement to be back to that position.“I’m very happy for that and in the last most important event of the season, I need to show why I am in that position now.ADVERTISEMENT Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim LATEST STORIEScenter_img Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters “So I’m going to work hard to show myself why I’m there. I’m going to try my best to play at the highest level possible in New York.”Nadal plans to rest through the weekend, then resume workouts for the final week before the Flushing Meadows fortnight begins.“I think I am practicing well. I’m going to give my best during this week of practice,” Nadal said. “I hope to be ready for New York.“I believe that I did things well enough during the whole year to be ready to compete at the highest level of New York, so I’m looking forward to it.”Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaullast_img read more