Tag: 南京lf论坛

first_imgThe BJP is raising the issue of abrogation of certain provisions of Article 370 in the run up to the Jharkhand Assembly polls as a “ploy” to divert people’s attention from “monumental failures” of the Raghubar Das Government, JMM working president Hemant Soren alleged on Sunday. The former Jharkhand Chief Minister’s sharp attack comes days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi and BJP president Amit Shah referred to Article 370 while listing the achievements of the NDA 2.0 government in their public addresses in the poll-bound State.Mr. Soren said the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) will raise people’s issues in the campaign and promised that if voted to power, his Government will ensure 75% reservation for the youth of Jharkhand in private jobs. In an interview to PTI, he said if JMM forms the government, it will ensure five lakh jobs within one year, unemployment allowance to those who are jobless, reserve government tender up to ₹25 crore for people from the State, implement 50% reservation for women in jobs and 27% reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs). Asked about the BJP raising the Article 370 issue in Jammu and Kashmir, Mr. Soren said a government which fails to address economic and social crises and key issues that affect everyday lives of citizens, resorts to “creating sharp polarisation in the society”.“Lightning doesn’t strike a place twice and similarly the BJP cannot fool the people all the time. Raising the issue of Article 370 during state assembly polls campaign is nothing but the BJP’s ploy to divert people’s attention from its monumental failures in governance in Jharkhand,” he said. Prime Minister Narendra Modi might have been successful in securing an NDA victory based on the post-Pulwama and Balakot nationalistic fervour, but the people of Jharkhand have had enough of this “apathetic” state government and are waiting to throw it out in the upcoming assembly polls, he claimed. Mr. Soren said his party’s sole aim is to free Jharkhand’s 3.5 crore people from the “insensitive” BJP government. “For this purpose, we are willing to coordinate with all like minded parties to collectively fight the BJP and its divisive policies. JMM was instrumental in the fight to achieve Jharkhand as a separate state, and if necessary, will again engage in the struggle to ensure Jharkhand shines bright on the nation’s map,” he said “The entire Opposition has already had a meeting and once I get over with the ongoing ‘Badlav Yatra’, I will sit again with all party leaders,” he added. JMM, Congress, Jharkhand Vikas Morcha (Prajatantrik) and Rashtriya Janata Dal had contested the Lok Sabha polls in alliance earlier this year, but managed to win just two out of the 14 seats. He said conversations are ongoing to firm up the Opposition alliance and there was still time to finalise its shape. Mr. Soren, who has been touring the State as part of his ‘Badlav Yatra’ and connecting with the masses, claimed there was a lot of anger among the people of the state as the Raghubar Das Government had failed to meet their aspirations.“Farmers and farm labourers have committed suicide, families have been destroyed, anganwadi workers are on an indefinite fast, para teachers were on a statewide strike and the police brutally lathi charged them as if they were deadly criminals, youth not getting jobs are ending their lives and the state government is giving government jobs to people from outside Jharkhand,” he alleged.last_img read more

first_imgSports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netIn the end, coach Chot Reyes picked Jio Jalalon as the Star representative for Gilas Pilipinas.The outspoken mentor decided to pick Jalalon over Allein Maliksi for the 2017 Fiba Asia Cup roster but was asked to leave the lanky shooter out of the Southeast Asian Games rosters.ADVERTISEMENT El Nido residents told to vacate beach homes MOST READ Norwood excited to ‘have the flag back on my chest’ Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH03:04Filipino athletes share their expectations for 2019 SEA Games00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:36Manny Pacquiao part of 2019 SEA Games opening ceremony Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Church, environmentalists ask DENR to revoke ECC of Quezon province coal plant National Coffee Research Development and Extension Center brews the 2nd National Coffee Education Congress Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’center_img View comments The return of Gabe Norwood, meanwhile, helped Reyes seal the decision to pick the young guard for the continental meet.“For Fiba Asia, we had to make a decision between him and Jio. And we felt we needed Jio more especially since we’re getting Gabe Norwood in anyway.”Gilas Pilipinas will play in the 2017 Fiba Asia Cup in Beirut, Lebanon from August 8 to 20, while the 2017 Sea Games will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from August 19 to 30.With Maliksi out of the question, the former UST gunner will be focused on the Hotshots’ campaign in the ongoing 2017 PBA Governors’ Cup, with the team set to play three games for the duration of the tournaments.Star will play San Miguel on August 4, Phoenix on August 23, and Rain or Shine on August 27.ADVERTISEMENT Trump strips away truth with hunky topless photo tweet Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo LATEST STORIES Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ FEU Auditorium’s 70th year celebrated with FEU Theater Guild’s ‘The Dreamweavers’ This despite the PBA’s Board of Governors agreeing to lend veteran players to the national team.“We had to make a decision,” said Reyes after the team’s Thursday evening practice at Upper Deck Gym in Pasig.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool stars“We wanted to put (Maliksi) in the Sea Games lineup, but we were asked not to put him in there first,” he added, without going into details on who he was pertaining to.Without Maliksi in the roster, most of Gilas’ outside shooting will now be vested on guards Jayson Castro and Terrence Romeo, as well as gunners Matthew Wright and Roger Pogoy.last_img read more

first_imgCBI headquarters in Delhi.Widening the spectrum of its investigation in the Commonwealth Games (CWG) scam, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has brought under scanner 35 consultants who were hired by the organising committee (OC) for various services, but they hardly did any work. The CBI documents in possession of Headlines Today reveal these high profile names, including that of former junior foreign minister Shashi Tharoor, who charged hefty fees to do nothing. In all, the OC spent a whopping Rs 50.8 lakh per month on these white elephants with fancy designations. The list is topped by Tharoor who was paid Rs 13.5 lakh ($30,000). Others include catering consultant Ajay Grover who was paid Rs 2 lakh, hospitality advisor Vikram Kaul and ticketing advisor Mohan Phadke who were paid Rs 1.4 lakh each and communication consultant Rajeev Desai was paid Rs 1 lakh. Headlines Today was the first to report how Tharoor was hired to influence international communities to ensure successful staging of the CWG. As the OC consultant (community engagement), his job involved filing monthly reports, which he never did. As per the CBI report, his total working days were 12. Tharoor, however, issued a statement denying the allegations. “My association with the CWG as a consultant relates to a different phase of my life, when I was a private citizen with No relationship to the government, an independent consultant working out of New York, quite legally supporting the CWG for which I was officially, formally and legally paid,” Tharoor said. “The consultancy services were rendered between September 2008 and January 2009. In other words the services relate to a period well before I entered public life. The consultancy fee charged was a token sum, and the total sum paid ($30,000 less taxes) was far below the fee that I used to command even just to make a single speech,” he added. The CBI is still trying to establish the exact amount involved in the scam, as it was yet to ascertain the amount spent on these consultants as their perks. The agency estimates that the amount could run into crores of rupees. The CBI is now likely to question these people. Sources said the agency was even looking at the possibility of lodging a fresh FIR in the case.advertisementlast_img read more