Tag: 爱上海HK

first_img The agency said ground beef from the company was used at a Virginia Scout camp where E coli recently broke out. Virginia health officials said in an online update today that 25 E coli cases have been confirmed out of about 84 reported illnesses in Scouts who recently attended the camp in Goshen, Va. Eight scouts have been hospitalized. Aug 7 FSIS news releasehttp://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Events/Recall_027_2008_Release/index.asp The contamination was discovered through a joint investigation by the FSIS and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH), the FSIS said. In July the USDA announced it would soon begin listing the names of retail stores that receive food products involved in class 1 (high-risk) recalls. The new policy is to take effect this month. “We have 11 culture-confirmed cases of E coli, and 5 of those have a PFGE [pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, or DNA fingerprint] pattern that matches some of the leftover product at the camp, which was produced by S&S Foods,” Metz told CIDRAP News today. She said no cases elsewhere have been linked to S&S Foods products so far. See also: VDH spokeswoman Cheryle Rodriguez said the reason Virginia and the FSIS have mentioned different numbers of confirmed cases (25 versus 11) is that some of the cases have not yet been tied to ground beef. “Those are cases, yes, but we have not confirmed that they’re associated with the ground beef,” she told CIDRAP News. “Right now that’s the main thing we’re looking at, but we look at all possibilities.” S&S Foods of Azusa, Calif., is recalling 30-pound boxes of frozen ground beef because of possible E coli contamination, the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) said in a news release. The products were sold to food services and institutions, not retail stores, the FSIS said. Aug 7, 2008 (CIDRAP News) – An Escherichia coli O157:H7 outbreak at a Boy Scout camp in Virginia has been linked to ground beef from a California company, prompting the firm to recall 153,630 pounds of beef, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) reported today. Virginia’s Jul 31 news release with latest updatehttp://www.vdh.state.va.us/news/PressReleases/2008/073108ecoli.htm The ground beef products were shipped to distributors in Allentown, Pa., and Milwaukee, the FSIS said. The 30-pound boxes carry the establishment number “EST. 20375” inside the USDA mark of inspection, and the individual packages are labeled “742798 MFST, 100% GROUND BEEF BULK, 80/20, 1LB. BRICK.” “Through our trace-back we confirmed that the camp had some of the S&S food products, and that’s what was used in dinners at the camp on certain days,” leading to the recall, said Emily Metz, an FSIS spokeswoman in Washington, DC. USDA spokeswoman Laura Reiser said the agency will not be releasing a list of establishments that received the meat, as it was not sold in retail stores, according to a Washington Post report published today.last_img read more

first_img Submit Related Articles StumbleUpon Share UKGC hails ‘delivered efficiencies’ of its revamped licence maintenance service  August 20, 2020 The UK government’s independent Regulatory Policy Committee (RPC) has published its assessment of the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) policy enforcement on ‘FOBTs wagering and social responsibility standards’.The RPC has reviewed whether DCMS inbound UK gambling FOBTs regulatory policy (to be enforced 1 April 2019), has effectively assessed social costs/benefits, industry impacts and further macro dynamics.The policy review signed by RPC Chairman Anthony Browne, concludes that DCMS policy mandate is ‘fit for purpose’ and can/should be enforced on the UK gambling industry and its wider stakeholders.The RPC’s report details that DCMS has undertaken a fair assessment of potential business impacts, detailing industry-wide GGY reductions at £540 million per annum.Furthermore, the RPC details that DCMS has formed a fair assessment of UK betting transition costs, and has gained a fair industry consensus supported by alternative analyses and scenarios offered by ‘Big Four’ auditor KPMG.Whilst DCMS industry review has been comprehensive, the RPC details that there has been a limited analysis on small/micro business assessments which are a concern as –  ‘two of the five small businesses that responded to the consultation said that they would have to close stores’.In its review of social benefits and whether the policy will ultimately reduce gambling-related harms, the RPC notes that DCMS assessment has been driven by the Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) ‘which estimates that B2 gamblers are imposing a cost of £1.5 billion onto themselves’.However, DCMS has not overstated the policy’s social benefits, by acknowledging that available data is limited on impacts. and that it is difficult to replicate analysis or test assumptions on its gambling policy.Utilising wider stakeholder analysis, DCMS points to Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) which details that an effective policy implementation may reduce government costs on gambling harms related to civic health, welfare housing, and criminal justice services.“The CEBR report suggested that potential reductions in gambling-related harm from introducing a £2 maximum stake on B2 gaming machines might be between £430 million and £1.3 billion per year.” Winning Post: Swedish regulator pushes back on ‘Storebror’ approach to deposit limits August 24, 2020 Share UKGC launches fourth National Lottery licence competition August 28, 2020last_img read more

first_imgFormer Black Stars midfielder, Sulley Ali Muntari, has stated that he’d love to retire at Asante Kotoko and would not rule out a move to Accra Hearts of Oak, RTU, King Faisal, or Liberty Professionals.Muntari was heavily linked with a move to Accra Hearts of Oak in the March transfer window after being spotted training with the Phobians.The 35-year-old midfielder has been without a club following his exit from Spanish lower-tier team Albacete in June 2019, where he signed a six-month contract.The former AC Milan star in his first-ever Instagram conversation with fans over the weekend answered that he would embrace the chance to play for Asante Kotoko and was not ruling out a transfer to Accra Hearts of Oak.“I love Kotoko. They tried signing me when l was a young player in Kumasi”, he said.“I would love to retire with them, but l would not rule out Hearts, RTU, King Faisal or Liberty Professionals”, the former Liberty Professionals player added.In a separate interview with South African-based Metro FM, Muntari earlier affirmed that he has been following PSL side, Kaizer Chiefs, and will solely play for them if he’s making a move to South Africa.Muntari launched his career with Liberty Professionals before breaking into Europe after signing for Serie A side, Udinese.last_img read more