Tag: Joana

first_imgFamilies will have greater access to child care following theannouncement of $2.4 million in additional funding to increasethe number of full-day child care spaces in the province. Two programs have been created to provide financial assistance tolicensed non-profit and commercial child-care centres that expandand create new full-day child-care spaces. Preference will begiven to centres increasing the number of infant child-carespaces. “Families need accessible, quality care for their children,”Community Services Minister David Morse said today, March 8.”These new programs will help child-care centres create morespaces and offer enhanced services to more children and theirfamilies.” The child care centre expansion grant is available to licensed,non-profit child-care centres to expand existing facilities or tohelp with the costs of constructing a new child-care space.Child-care centres may be eligible for up to 75 per cent of thecosts of expansion or new construction. The child-care centrewill be responsible for funding the remaining 25 per cent throughin-kind services and/or financial contributions. The child care centre expansion loan is available to licensedcommercial child-care centres to expand an existing child-carecentre or to construct a new child-care space. While the purpose of these grants and loans is to increase thenumber of full-day child care spaces, part-day child-care centrescan also apply to expand into a full-day licensed child-carecentre. Non-profit, licensed part-day child-care centres canapply for the expansion grant and commercial, licensed part-daychild-care centres can apply for the expansion loan. Applications must be received by the Department of CommunityServices by Friday, April 29. The funding is being provided under the Multilateral Framework onEarly Learning and Child Care, a joint agreement of thegovernment of Canada and the government of Nova Scotia to improveand expand early childhood development programs and services.last_img read more

The fire however had caused extensive damage to the clothing store.The Air Force deployed a helicopter to assist in the operations to extinguish the fire. (Colombo Gazette) A major fire destroyed a clothing store in Battaramulla today.The fire brigade had been deployed to extinguish the fire.