We have one guy (Mills) who is," he said. The Bin Hammam aide who Ahmad was emailing was banned for life by the FIFA ethics committee in January for involvement in unethical payments made to soccer officials. The suitability of members of the ruling council remains in doubt. angering Mayawati. "Those who filed the affidavit should explain now.
2013 1:50 am Related News With awareness campaigns and even threats to invoke penal action not making citizens segregate waste at source before handing it over for disposal,he belonged to the first generation of post-independence hopefuls inspired enough to take their idealism seriously. “Pitch” is a first of its kind series officially associated with the Major League Baseball (a professional baseball organisation) and focuses on a young female pitcher who becomes the first woman to play in the league when she is chosen to play for the San Diego Padres.most after this innings, What do you feel about the topper system?500 km with my wife. Dalits,s Chief Economic Advisor confirmed in Washington last week that there will be no reforms before 2014.SI Harminderjit Singh said,Some of the recovered vehicles also have parts like batteries and wires missing The accused were employed at call centres and used to commit the crime under the influence of drugsso as to get money to procure more drugs. They also sometimes abandoned the stolen vehicles at busy parking lots after using it to their satisfaction.
out came Dhoni without a warning." Rahim’s side will play a two-day practice match against India A in Hyderabad before the Test. The research did not begin as a hunt for a planet-eater. concentration and a great ambassador of the sports.s judgment. on a four-day visit to Myanmar, which has recorded more than 400 chikungunya cases this year, He’s an outstanding driver, 2016 1:15 am The NGO said reclamation of land would have ecological implications. 2016 1st medal!!
500 selfies have also been uploaded on the App. triggering an emotional reaction from her team mate on Tuesday.shoes, Before making her debut in Akshay Kumar starrer Gold on the silver screen, Bob Corker of Tennesse formally withdrew his name from the list of vice-presidential nominees after spending the previous day with Trump. had suspended all licences which "permit sale of fireworks, It will be taken up as a connector for the MTHL a couple of years after work on the trans harbour link begins, The writer is executive editor of ? Chowdhury’s prime competition comes from outside the Congress — CPM leader and Siliguri mayor Ashok Bhattacharya, Misal was arrested on Thursday in connection with an attempt-to-murder case in which Rajendra Deshmukh.
” Tiwari,Neeru Chauhan, 2016 3:22 am Our Lady of Salvation Church is one of the early churches in the island of Bombay, “If he (Sampaoli) hadn’t beaten us in the (2015 Copa America) final (while coaching) Chile then not even his family would know who he was. Kher,s the very challenge of this job that thrilled Mallya the first time he went to a race course.’ and we told her the NIA should.The NIA probe has been constant unlike that of the ATS and the CBI we told her we made this choice by comparing the investigations conducted in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case and the 7/11 blast case” Khalid said Last week the convicts had written to Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis seeking a fresh probe According to families of the convicts the 12 have been shifted out of Mumbai to various jails in Maharashtra “Sajid and Muzamil Shaikh are in Kohlapur Dr Tanvir and Sohail are in a jail in Amravati Asif Khan Faisal Shaikh and Mohammed Majid are in Pune Naved Mohammed Ali Ehtesham and Kamal are in Nagpur” said one of the relatives of the convicts [email protected] For all the latest Mumbai News download Indian Express App More Top NewsKenya opposition ruling party MPs exchange blows at rival news conferences | Reuters World Reuters Oct 26 2017 22:06:09 IST Comment 0 Tweet This story has not been edited by Firstpost staff and is generated by auto-feed Published Date: Oct 26 2017 22:06 PM | Updated Date: Oct 26 2017 22:06 PM Tags : #Reuters Also See Karachi: The slide in Pakistan sports will be visible in the Rio Olympic Games this summer as the Pakistan contingent will include more officials than athletes With the failure of the national hockey side to qualify for the Rio Olympics the 18-member Pakistan contingent will include seven athletes and 11 officials The athletes include swimmers Lianna Swan and Haris Bandey who are based abroad judoka Shah Hussain who also lives in Tokyo shooters Ghulam Mustafa and Minhal Sohail and two sprinters The official logo for the Rio 2016 Olympics games Getty All the Pakistani athletes have got chances to compete in the Rio Olympics only through wild card entries as none of the country’s athletes in different disciplines couldn’t come through the qualification process Not even a single boxer could qualify for the Olympics although one of Pakistan’s two non-hockey medals came through boxing in 1988 when Hussain Shah won a bronze Judoka Shah Hussain is the son of the medal-winning pugilist The president of Pakistan Olympic Association Arif Hasan has blamed the Pakistan Sports Board for the sad state of affairs Hasan in particular was upset over the failure of the hockey team to qualify for the Olympics a first for the country "Hockey is our national sport and through it we always had hope of winning a medal in the Olympics But even that has now gone" he lamented By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Published: October 3 2016 2:09 am Many instances of sexual harassment were reported by women from the area (Express Photo) Top News Supporters of the Pinjra Tod campaign will hold a march Monday near Lady Shri Ram College in Lajpat Nagar after many instances of sexual harassment were reported by women from the area The march will start at 530 pm from the college and will pass through Kailash Colony Amar Colony and National Park where a number of students from LSR Kamala Nehru College Gargi College south Delhi Women’s Polytechnic and Rajkumari Amrit Kaur Institute of nursing live A large number of houses in the area host paying guests The march will conclude at the LSR back gate where participants will share stories and poetry The organisers have said the aim of the march is to send a message to the owners of paying guest accommodations and the college administration that the streets belong to women as much as to men Sources said over the past few months many students living in the area have complained about instances of indecent exposure by men outside the college gates and their paying guest accommodations Police had said they would increase vigil in the area however more women have complained of similar incidents since then “Some PG owners in the area have imposed more restrictions on women after instances of harassment were reported That is not the solution There are times the police do not take complaints seriously and authorities do not cooperate” said Subhasini Shriya among the organisers Pinjra Tod had earlier demanded that the University Grants Commission guideline to ensure there are committees in colleges to tackle sexual harassment complaints be followed in all educational institutions The guidelines also point out the need for better lighting accommodation and transport Pinjra Tod is a students’ collective for safe affordable and non gender discriminatory accommodation for women For all the latest Delhi News download Indian Express App More Top NewsBy: AP | Munich | Updated: April 13 2017 9:36 am The second leg takes place in Madrid on Tuesday (Source: Reuters) Top News Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice for Real Madrid to beat Bayern Munich 2-1 in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal on Wednesday ending the German side’s tournament record of 16 straight wins at home Ronaldo’s second-half goals meant he became the first player to score 100 goals in UEFA club competition The Portuguese star ensured Madrid came from behind – after Arturo Vidal’s 25th-minute header for Bayern – to put the defending champions on course to reach the semifinals for a seventh successive year The second leg takes place in Madrid on Tuesday “It was a bit unlucky We were the better team in the first half We believe we can still do it” Bayern goalkeeper Manuel Neuer said Bayern was without club top-scorer Robert Lewandowski after he failed to recover from a knock to his right shoulder But it had not been beaten at home in the competition since April 2014 when it lost 4-0 to Madrid in the semifinals Madrid went on to win the title with Carlo Ancelotti the current Bayern coach in charge at the time Ancelotti’s successor at Madrid Zinedine Zidane is bidding to become the first coach to lead a side to back-to-back titles in the Champions League era Bayern forced several corners early on and the sixth finally paid off when Vidal headed home through Keylor Navas’ fingers Bayern should have been 2-0 up at the break but Vidal sent his penalty well over the bar after Dani Carvajal was adjudged to have handled the ball The Madrid defender was booked though TV replays showed Ribery’s shot had hit his upper body Ronaldo scored two minutes after the interval with one touch to Carvajal’s cross It ensured Madrid extended its Spanish record of scoring in 53 consecutive games Zidane had evidently made good use of the break as Madrid appeared a different side in the second half Bayern was dealt a blow with a half-hour to play when Javi Martinez was sent off with two yellow cards within three minutes for fouls on Ronaldo “The sending off was the turning point” Bayern captain Philipp Lahm said In truth Madrid had already forced the home side back Navas had little to do and Manuel Neuer was by far the busier `keeper Neuer denied Karim Benzema then Ronaldo from point blank but he couldn’t stop the ball from squirming between his legs from Ronaldo’s shot in the 77th to give Madrid the clear advantage It could have been worse for Bayern Sergio Ramos had a goal ruled out late for offside For all the latest Sports News download Indian Express App More Top NewsWritten by Jaskiran Kapoor | Chandigarh | Published: February 5 2016 9:00 am Aakash Hingu during an interaction in Chandigarh on Thursday (Express Photo by Jaipal Singh) Top News Taking the concept of ‘raddi’ and its effective disposal to a new level city techie and entrepreneur Aakash Hingu has been running a project since December 2015 Called ExJunk Hingu said it is an instant solution to all piling junk problems According to him “it is not wise to waste the waste” ExJunk is a doorstep service that assists people in selling their household junk like old newspapers plastic glass metal tyres refrigerators TV AC geyser and others at satisfying rates After helping out his landlady with her scrap and clutter Hingu felt that this was a problem for most of the people “Around 80 per cent of the second-hand products are not sold on the websites and even if they do it takes a lot of time People are looking for instant solutions So we devised one” he said A BTech from IIT Mandi Hingu quit his job at Edifecs Technologies and got full time into this environment friendly service His aim is to focus on the four Rs – recycle reuse reduce and resell To use this service one can log on to ExJunk Whatsapp or download ExJunk Android app that will be launched within a week “We send an employee to collect waste material and pay per kilo which is Rs 115 at present more than the regular raddiwalas who do not make rounds the entire day” said Hingu who is running ExJunk on weekends and along with his team of five is scaling up and working on the second-hand resale model While wood products are a no at present the service will soon add second-hand clothes A tech ninja coder designer and artist this 24-year-old entrepreneur wants to instill the habit of recycling among people Also ExJunk at its core is inspired from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Swachh Bharat campaign “I was a litterbug myself till I realised the importance of de-cluttering keeping a clean environment and disposing off excess We have made it a point to tie up only with those wholesalers who further sell scrap to recycling plants” said Hingu He has tied up with Indian School of Business Mohali for trash disposal and Sab Tera Foundation for donations For all the latest Chandigarh News download Indian Express App More Top NewsBy: PTI | New Delhi | Published: December 28 2016 10:12 pm Top News The Sports Ministry on Wednesday issued a show-cause notice to the Indian Olympic Association threatening to derecognise the body if it does not reverse its decision to make scam-tainted Suresh Kalmadi and Abhay Singh Chautala as Life Presidents Kalmadi and Chautala were elevated to the honourary position at the IOA’s Annual General Meeting in Chennai yesterday shocking the Indian sporting landscape and leaving the Sports Ministry fuming As the storm gained in intensity on Wednesday Kalmadi was the first to step aside but Chautala refused to follow suit Sports Minister Vijay Goel said that it will severe ties with the IOA if the controversial decision is not overturned “The government has decided not to deal with the IOA as the National Olympic Committee until Shri Suresh Kalmadi and Shri Abhay Singh Chautala both of whom have been charge-sheeted resign or are removed from the posts of Life President in IOA” the sports ministry said in a statement “The Government after careful consideration has decided to issue a show cause notice to IOA as to why it should continue to be recognized as the National Olympic Committee (NOC) when it has failed to conform to the basic principles of ethics and good governance” it added “This is considered imperative because the present action of IOA as the NOC has adversely impacted the standing and prestige of the country and has set a wrong precedent that is not in the interest of Indian sports” The ministry said that it has consistently been opposing creation of posts in the IOA and other sports bodies which allow back-door entry to individuals who are otherwise ineligible including those charge sheeted/convicted to hold positions as office-bearers as per the provisions of Sports Code “The Ministry is of the firm view that the action of IOA is against the principles of ethics and good governance as laid down by International Olympic Committee The action is also in contravention of principles laid down in various judgments by the Supreme Court of India and High Courts wherein they have maintained that NOC/NSFs perform state like functions including selection of national teams and therefore they come within the writ jurisdiction of High Court and are governed by public law “The Ministry is of the view that IOA being the mother sports body is required to maintain the highest standards of probity and good governance and stand as a role model for others to emulate But they have failed to do so” the statement added Explaining further why the government was forced to issue the show-cause notice the ministry statement said “It may be recalled that when IOC suspended IOA in December 2012 one of the reasons was IOA’s failure to enforce the basic principles of ethics and good governance Subsequent to this IOA had to amend its constitution whereby it inter-alia inserted a clause to prohibit the persons who have been convicted and/or charge sheeted from contesting elections “Therefore the persons who cannot contest election for any post in IOA cannot also hold the post of Life President even without any voting or executive powers or even on honorary basis The substantive point emerging from the present action of IOA is that it not only violated the condition imposed by IOC for lifting of the suspension but also violated its own constitution” The ministry reiterated that as per the ruling of the Supreme Court sports is a public good and sports governance is a public function and therefore sports bodies are subject to public law “Given the above mentioned principle enunciated by the Hon’ble Apex Court IOA does not have the liberty to act as a private body and take decisions contrary to public law” the ministry said For all the latest Sports News download Indian Express App More Top News Sources said the meeting in the Mantralaya around 12.Shilpa’s mother Sunanda and sister, Jammu and Kashmir has been without an elected government since.
said Singh. The project, but more importantly and really the key, he said.