Tag: 上海夜网NG

first_imgLocalNews Portsmouth Mayor describes murder of Zicak resident as “disgusting” by: – December 29, 2011 Share 90 Views   6 comments Share Tweetcenter_img Mayor of Portsmouth Cleve St. Jean. Mayor of Portsmouth Cleve St Jean has described the violent murder of 22 year old Tyson ‘Boyee’ Thomas which took place in that town on Tuesday afternoon as “disgusting”.On Tuesday, Tyson “Boyee” Thomas of Zicak, Portsmouth was fatally shot by a masked man whom the police have not yet identified.“It is really something that is disgusting, and the police and the community need to come together to help one another, to prevent these kinds of crime, be it just petty thieves, murder or another crime in the community,” St. Jean said.According to the Mayor, the entire community needs to play their part by providing information to assist the police with their investigations.“In order to solve any crime you need the community and you need information. As much as the police are playing their part in terms of investigating, we need to bring institutions close to the community and make people feel they are party of everything, because in order to solve any crime we need information from the community. We need to institute programs that the community is going to feel a part of the police and the police feel part of the community, so we can get information in solving crimes.”The Mayor further stated that one person’s action can affect the safety of the entire town and therefore calls on perpetrators to cease from committing these criminal acts.“We cannot have a town where persons can feel they can do anything; we cannot have a town where persons can feel they can murder or cheat or steal and it’s just ok because it’s not ok. One person affects the whole town. We have tourist in the town and besides tourist we the people need to feel safe.”The Mayor therefore calls on the perpetrators to “stop because their action is affecting everybody”. Dominica Vibes News Share Sharing is caring!last_img read more

first_img Press Association The score sent the 10,000 sell-out crowd into ecstasy but there was still work to be done as Finn Russell lined up the decisive conversion. However, the Scotland fly-half did not flinch as he booted Warriors towards the Belfast final, where they will now face the the winner of Saturday’s clash between Munster and Ospreys on May 30. After finishing top of the Pro12 table for the first time in the club’s history, Glasgow believed they could go the extra step and claim the title outright 12 months on from losing to Leinster in the 2014 Dublin final. Townsend’s side – unbeaten at home since November 2013 – had extra reason to be confident as they squared up to Neil Doak’s side for the second time in six days after securing a home semi-final with last week’s 32-10 win. But the Belfast XV bulldozed in that final regular season fixture looked little like the side which started the play-off clash. Doak made 11 changes to his line-up, bringing rested big guns like World Cup-winner Ruan Pienaar and Ireland stalwarts Paddy Jackson and Rory Best back in to face the Scots. Referee George Clancy was also in no mood to do the home side favours. He waited barely 30 seconds before he punished Glasgow’s first infringement, handing Pienaar a simple kick for the opening points, but Russell squared it soon after with a penalty of his own. Stuart Hogg was more ambitious but just as capable when he then slotted a monstrous effort over from two yards inside his own half to put Glasgow in front. Glasgow left it late to book a place in the Guinness Pro12 final after a nail-biting 16-14 win over Ulster at Scotstoun. However, Ulster were dominating the breakdown and racked up three turnovers in the first quarter hour. Their aggression soon told as Niko Matawalu found himself double-teamed by Henry and Ludik Louis down Glasgow’s right side, with the Fijian wing left stranded as Henry scampered in for the touchdown. Pienaar could not add the extras from out wide but there was a further blow for the hosts as skipper Al Kellock – also making his final Scotstoun bow before retiring in the summer – was forced off with a head injury just 20 minutes in, with Leone Nakarawa his replacement. Warriors looked for an immediate response but wasted decent territory when Ryan Grant was penalised by Clancy after hurrying his scrum engagement. And the Irish referee made himself even less popular with the home crowd when he let Craig Gilroy off scot-free, despite the Ulster wing being guilty of a blatant bodycheck as Matawalu looked to latch on to Russell’s kick into the corner. Glasgow looked feistier after the break but their rashness at crucial moments played into Ulster hands. Matawalu’s mazy cross-field run had the Glaswegian faithful on their feet but, in truth, it made barely 10 yards of progress. Ulster stretched their lead to five with another Pienaar kick but Gilroy survived a second contentious call after another apparent tug on the galloping Matawalu. The home side’s lineout had been misfiring all night and another erratic Pat MacArthur throw saw yet another chance coughed up two yards from Ulster whitewash. Russell reduced the deficit with a 61st-minute penalty but Pienaar wiped those gains out with another huge kick from wide left. The Scots’ surge finally came with five minutes left. Ulster repelled wave after wave but Glasgow stayed cool and, with the visitors stretched, Russell sprayed a 20-yard pass out to Van der Merwe, who squeezed over in the corner for his 40th Warriors try. The try locked the scores at 14-14 but Russell showed nerves of steel to slot over the winning kick from wide to keep Glasgow dreams of a maiden title alive. The Irish province had bullied Gregor Townsend’s men throughout the early stages and took control midway through the opening period with Chris Henry’s try. But Glasgow came out fired up for the second half and kept themselves in touch before Scarlets-bound DTH van Der Merwe levelled the scores on his final Scotstoun appearance five minutes from time. last_img read more

first_imgNEW DELHI, India (Reuters) – New India cricket coach Ravi Shastri plans to adopt a more hands-off approach to the role than his predecessor Anil Kumble, with the 55-year-old saying he has no intention of trying to act as a tutor to the players.Kumble stepped down last month citing a breakdown in his relationship with skipper Virat Kohli, who according to media reports, resented the former captain’s ‘headmasterly’ methods.Shastri was handed the coaching reins on Tuesday, a year after losing the job to Kumble, and the former all-rounder promised a fresh outlook to the job.“At the highest level, cricketers are more or less settled,” Shastri told the Times of India newspaper.“So it is more to do with working on their mental strength, helping build their confidence, helping them stay organised in their daily activities as against tinkering with their style of play.“It’s not about ‘tutoring’ them about everything and telling them what and what not to do. There’s very little coaching at the highest level. It’s about fine-tuning and mentoring, about effective communication.”Shastri, who has served as team director in the past, enjoys a good rapport with Kohli and said he had no issues with players having more freedom off the field.“Why should I change anyone’s style, or for that matter, why should anyone change his own style of doing things?“As long as there’s a level of commitment, the hard yards are being put in and results are showing, why shouldn’t there be fun?”The Indian cricket board has also named former seamer Zaheer Khan as the team’s bowling consultant, while Rahul Dravid was appointed as batting consultant for overseas Test series.The first challenge for the new coaching set-up will begin later this month when India tour Sri Lanka for three Tests, five one-dayers and a sole Twenty20 international.last_img read more

first_imgTipperary have beaten Galway by four points in Round 2 of the National hurling League at Semple Stadium this afternoon. Eamon O’Shea’s team led by 14 points to 11 at the break and second half goals from Seamus Callanan and John O’Dwyer put the Premier County on the front foot. Tipp held a ten point lead in the 45th minute of the second half and despite a spirited Galway comeback, late points by captain Brendan Maher and substitute Conor Kenny made sure of the victory for Eamon O’Shea’s side.  Oisin Langan and Ken Hogan were in Semple Stadium for Tipp FM Sport. The full time score was Tipperary 2-18 Galway 0-20. O’Shea’s side now has an important two points on the board heading into a two week break before they must travel to Cusack Park to take on Clare. The Tipp manager was pleased with his side’s showing.  In the day’s other Division 1A clash Dublin have made it two wins from two after Ger Cunningham’s team comfortably beat Brian Cody’s 13 man Kilkenny. It finished at Nowlan Park Dublin 0-25 Kilkenny 3-11.last_img read more