Tag: 南京学生新茶

first_img[1] We examine 22 case studies of CRRES satellite observations of substorm-enhanced whistler-mode waves. These observations were made close to the geomagnetic equator and between 0200 and 0600 MLT. The frequency of the enhanced whistler-mode waves is seen to vary strongly with magnetic field strength, and for this reason we plot the data in terms of the equivalent parallel resonant energy of an electron in first-order cyclotron resonance with a wave of a given frequency. No consistent increase or decrease of the equivalent parallel resonant energy of the substorm-enhanced whistler-mode waves with time is seen; rather the typical behavior is that it remains constant with time. We interpret our findings in terms of the injected electron population and resonance ellipses in velocity space. Furthermore, we relate the findings of our study to observations of ducted waves seen on the ground as substorm chorus events (SCEs) and conclude that the frequency dispersion seen in SCEs is dominated by electric field effects.last_img read more

first_imgBack to overview,Home naval-today ACS Receives Two More Keel Blocks for Australia’s First Air Warfare Destroyer Minister for Defence Materiel Jason Clare today announced that two more keel blocks had been delivered to Adelaide to construct Australia’s first Air Warfare Destroyer. This follows the delivery of the first keel block last month.The blocks were constructed at the Williamstown shipyard in Melbourne. They were loaded on to barges last week and transported to Adelaide over the weekend.Mr Clare said this was another step forward in the $8 billion project to construct three new warships for the Royal Australian Navy.“This is Australia’s biggest shipbuilding project,” Mr Clare said. “90 separate blocks will be constructed to build the three most powerful warships the Royal Australian Navy has ever operated. About 70 blocks like this will be shipped to Adelaide over the next four years to be consolidated into Air Warfare Destroyers. These blocks weigh approximately 190 tonnes each. They are about 19 metres long, 17 metres wide and five metres high and will form part of the keel of the first warship – HMAS Hobart (III).”The steel blocks are being built at shipyards in Adelaide (ASC), Melbourne (BAE Systems​), Newcastle (Forgacs) and Ferrol, Spain (Navantia). Three sonar blocks are being constructed in Spain and the United Kingdom.The blocks will now be removed from the barge and transported by a large multi-wheeled vehicle to the pre-fit-out facility. Further work on the blocks will then be completed including blast and paint, fitting pipes, installing communications and electrical cables and fitting internal walls.Construction has begun on all main blocks for the first ship and work has also begun on blocks for the second ship, HMAS Brisbane (III). Next year work will begin on blocks for the third ship, HMAS Sydney (V) and the first ship will start to be consolidated in Adelaide.Mr Clare thanked the more than 1,000 people currently working on the ships across the three Australian shipyards.“The workers constructing these blocks are doing important work – building new warships for the Royal Australian Navy,” Mr Clare said.“They’re working hard and I thank them for their efforts.”[mappress]Source: navy, September 28, 2011 View post tag: Australia’s View post tag: Destroyer View post tag: more Industry news View post tag: News by topic View post tag: receives View post tag: For View post tag: air View post tag: first September 28, 2011 View post tag: Warfare View post tag: Naval View post tag: two View post tag: ACS View post tag: Blocks ACS Receives Two More Keel Blocks for Australia’s First Air Warfare Destroyer View post tag: Navy View post tag: KEEL Share this articlelast_img read more

first_imgBy MADDY VITALEGillian’s Wonderland Pier, the iconic Boardwalk amusement park that has been in business for nearly 100 years, is joining with Icona Resorts, a company that operates beach resorts in Cape May County, according to a news release Tuesday.“The Gillian and Mita families announced today that they are joining together to enhance Gillian’s Wonderland Pier’s guest experience,” the release said. “The two families with deep history in amusements and hospitality are partnering to create a unique experience and better serve guests of this premier destination.”The landmark Ferris wheel at Gillian’s Wonderland Pier hovers over the Boardwalk near Sixth Street.Eustace Mita is the owner of Icona Resorts, with beach resorts in Avalon, Cape May and Diamond Beach.“We are thrilled that the Mita family is joining us in continuing the great tradition of Gillian’s Wonderland Pier, an Ocean City landmark,” Jay Gillian, who is also mayor of Ocean City, said in the release.He continued, “Last weekend our park saw record-breaking numbers and we are looking forward to welcoming even more guests back to Wonderland this summer. We know in partnering with the Mita family that the best is yet to come.”The Gillian family has been on the Ocean City Boardwalk since 1929, “providing families with lifelong memories and many more to come,” according to the release.Mita said this of Wonderland and the new partnership, “Living in Ocean City for more than 40 years, Gillian’s Wonderland Pier has been a favorite place for not only my wife and I but also my children and grandchildren.”He added, “We are looking forward to working alongside Jay and his family, as both families are committed to provide a wholesome experience.”Grabbing the brass ring at the vintage carousel at Gillian’s Wonderland Pier has amused generations of families. Gillian’s Wonderland Pier has entertained families since 1929.last_img read more

first_imgBlues Traveler has announced their 2019 winter tour. This leg of the “Accelerated Nation Tour” comes on the heels of the band’s most recent release, Hurry Up & Hang Around, which marked their 13th studio album and the follow up to 2015’s Blow Up The Moon.Following a performance at KAABOO in the Cayman Islands on February 15th, Blues Travelers’ winter tour will take them through Anaheim, CA (2/27); San Diego, CA (2/28); Las Vegas (3/1); Tempe, AZ (3/2); Macon, GA (3/8); Orlando, FL (3/9); Mobile, AL (3/11); Destin, FL (3/14); and New Orleans, LA (3/15).Pre-sale starts tomorrow, Thursday, December 6th, if you sign up here. General on-sale opens on Friday, December 7th at 10 am local time. Head to Blues Travelers’ website for more information.last_img read more

first_imgFirstEnergy Falters in Ohio Campaign for Bailout of Its Failing Power Plants FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Cleveland Plain Dealer:Neither the Trump administration nor Gov. John Kasich is inclined to give FirstEnergy’s struggling power plant company a free pass around competition, even as the number of competitors is increasing and the subsidiary faces bankruptcy.FirstEnergy Solutions, the unregulated power plant subsidiary that does business in wholesale and retail markets, is negotiating with its creditor. Standard & Poor’s has further reduced the bond credit rating of the subsidiary, reasoning that a bankruptcy filing is inevitable because the old plants cannot compete against new gas turbines. The first of 10 large gas-turbine power plants already approved by the state officially opened this week, generating nearly 900 megawatts of power — about the same as FirstEnergy’s nearby Davis-Besse nuclear plant. The Oregon Clean Energy Center in suburban Toledo is selling that power directly into the regional high-voltage grid’s competitive market, where Davis-Besse must compete as well.Similar-sized gas turbine plants are under construction in Lordstown, in Carroll County and in Butler County. The plants are said to be twice as efficient as Davis-Bess and are cheaper to run, at least for now.The Ohio Power Siting Board has approved another plant in Columbiana County and a fifth one in Monroe County. Applications are pending for three more plants and another is in a “pre-application” phase.Against this backdrop, Kasich this week said flatly he does not support FirstEnergy’s proposal before Ohio lawmakers to create “zero emission credits,” or ZECs, for its two nuclear power plants in recognition that the Davis-Besse and Perry nuclear plants do not produce carbon dioxide. The proposal, labeled a “bailout” by opponents, is stuck in legislative committees.The ZECs would run for about 17 years, subject to periodic state review, initially raising total customer bills by about $300 million a year. Average consumer bills would increase by $5 a month, says the company. The company has been clear that even if the ZECs are enacted, it hopes to sell Perry and Davis-Besse, and all of its power plants, if it has to sell power in competitive markets.Kasich’s pro-market position appears to mirror the newly emerging position of the U.S. Department of Energy and the White House which, according to wire reports, have refused to declare a federal emergency to “save” old coal-fired plants and therefore save coal mining jobs as the president promised during his election campaign.FirstEnergy Solutions owns two of FirstEnergy’s big coal-fired plants, the W.H. Sammis plant in Straton, Ohio, on the Ohio River, and the Bruce Mansfield plant in Shippingport, Pa.FirstEnergy’s other large coal plants are owned either by subsidiary Allegheny Energy Supply, which is not known to be contemplating bankruptcy, or to MonPower, a regulated West Virginia utility. More: FirstEnergy power plant bailouts rebuffed by state and federal leaderslast_img read more

first_img“A 6,500-square meter will bereclaimed for the new fish port facility. The causeway will be extended byabout 200 meters so that during low tide, the fishing boats can still dock,”said Banias. KOICA is funding therehabilitation project worth $3-million through grant-in-aid. ILOILO – The rehabilitation of thefish port in Concepcion town is seen to spur economic development in themunicipality. Banias said the Provincial EngineeringOffice is currently finalizing the project’s detailed engineering. Once completed, the new fish portis expected to provide adequate, quality and safe berthing of fishing vesselsand improve the access to basic fish port services. The fish port is also envisionedto make more efficient the fishery trading operations in Concepcion. The project had been on thedrawing board since 2015 but thrice the bidding conducted by the United NationsOffice for Project Services (UNOPS) – the agency tapped by project financierKorea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) – failed. The new fish port facility wouldbe bigger than the old one. “It will have a very substantialeconomic impact. The Concepcion fish port is a very robust and active fishport,” he said. The old fish port would beconverted into a transport terminal while a new fish port facility would beconstructed. Mayor Raul Banias announcedyesterday that the project would finally commence in March 2020 and completedin one year and a half. When completed, the fish port of Concepcion, Iloilo will have a passenger terminal, improved area for restaurants/stalls, new fish port complex with total pavement area of 6,500 square meters, and new wet market and causeway. The Concepcion fish port was ravaged by super typhoon “Yolanda” in 2013. After a series of consultations with stakeholders, the United Nations Office for Project Services finalized the schematic design for the port’s rehabilitation. Once completed, the new fish port is expected to provide adequate, quality and safe berthing of fishing vessels and improve the access to basic fish port services, according to the provincial government. The fish port is also envisioned to make more efficient the fishery trading operations in Concepcion. ILOILO CAPITOL PHOTO The fund would be transferred tothe Iloilo provincial government in December. The three bid failures by UNOPSmade KOICA to decide to transfer the fund to the provincial government. “The amount was approved fouryears ago yet,” said Banias. On Tuesday, KOICA Country DirectorSong Min Hyeon paid a courtesy visit on Gov. Arthur Defensor Jr. to update thegovernor on the project. “The country director assured usthat on the first month of January, we will again request for additional fund,”said Banias. (With a report fromLHC, Capitol News/PN)last_img read more

first_imgATLANTA — The plot thickened for the Dodgers on Sunday night, along with the first act of Ronald Acuña Jr.’s long-running play.The possible National League Rookie of the Year hit a grand slam in the second inning of Division Series Game 4, and after the Dodgers powered their way back to a tie, Freddie Freeman’s solo shot off Alex Wood gave the Braves a 6-5 victory.“It was the biggest game of our lives,” Freeman said. “We were 5-0 and then they tied it, which wasn’t ideal. But we’ve been doing it like this all year.”The Dodgers left runners hanging in scoring position in the sixth, eighth and ninth, showing why they were a .500 club in one-run games this year. Fire danger is on Dave Roberts’ mind as Dodgers head to San Francisco How Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling topped the baseball podcast empire As Buehler stabilized, the Dodgers pushed. Another leadoff walk, this to Yasmani Grandal in the fifth, set up Taylor for a two-run, one-out homer that made it 5-4. Gausman left in favor of lefty Max Fried, who left a 2-and-2 curveball high to Max Muncy, who swatted it out to right field for a tie game.The Dodgers loomed again in the sixth when Matt Kemp bounced a double over the left-field wall and was at third when Hernandez came up with one out. The Braves played the infield in, and shortstop Charlie Culberson fired home to get Kemp on the contact play.But rookie Touki Touissant walked Grandal and pinch-hitter Yasiel Puig to load the bases. The Braves survived when Taylor bounced out to third base.That ended the night for Buehler, who had mowed down 10 consecutive Braves after Acuña’s blast. Reliever Alex Wood threw one pitch and it landed in the right-field seats, just in front of a steakhouse, after it made an intermediate stop against the bat of Freddie Freeman. That put the Braves up 6-5, which, as unlikely as it seemed, is where it stood. Milwaukee is already in the National League Championship Series, beginning Friday there. The Dodgers lead this series, 2-1, but were hoping to check this box as soon as possible. They will start Rich Hill in Monday’s Game 4 against Mike Foltynecwicz, who lasted only two innings in Game 1 on ThursdayThe Dodgers were aiming their most lethal weapon at the Braves. Walker Buehler had a 2.03 ERA after the All-Star break and, for the season, had a 0.92 WHIP. That was the lowest for a rookie pitcher since 1913.The Braves responded with Sean Newcomb, who was 12-9 in his first full season and had no reason to fear the Dodgers.On July 29 Newcomb needed only 2 hours, 47 minutes to dominate them. The Dodgers had won the previous three games, but did not get a hit off the left-hander until Chris Taylor’s single on a 2-and-2 pitch with two out in the ninth.Newcomb was perfect that day until he walked Yasiel Puig in the sixth. He also delivered 134 pitches, which may or may not explain why Newcomb was 2-4 the rest of the season and his ERA jumped from 3.23 to 3.90. Cody Bellinger homer gives Dodgers their first walkoff win of season center_img Dodgers hit seven home runs, sweep Colorado Rockies Dodgers’ Max Muncy trying to work his way out of slow start The Angels made him the 15th pick of the 2014 draft, and he quickly became their only player in Baseball America’s top 100 minor league rankings.But new Angels general manager Billy Eppler dealt Newcomb, shortstop Erick Aybar and pitcher Chris Ellis to the Braves for shortstop Andrelton Simmons and catcher Jose Briceno.Newcomb and Buehler did their thing for an inning and a half, with Buehler downing the Braves in only five pitches in the first.Then the guardrails came off.First, home plate began moving alarmingly on Buehler, although the strict interpretations of home umpire Gary Cederstrom didn’t help. Buehler walked Nick Markakis, who got to third when Ozzie Albies singled with two out and center fielder Cody Bellinger made an error. The Dodgers intentionally walked Charlie Culberson to get to Newcomb, who was a grand 3 for 72 for his career at the plate.It didn’t matter. Buehler walked him on four pitches, and Markakis came home with the first Braves run in the 19 and two-thirds innings of the series.The next four runs were a little more sudden. Acuña took three balls, thought he’d gotten a fourth and took a premature step to first, then settled on a 98 mph, 3-and-1 fastball that he blasted into the left-field seats.At 20, he became the youngest player to hit a slam in the postseason. The previous youngest was Mickey Mantle in the 1953 World Series.The Dodgers began scrubbing away that lead in the third inning when Kiké Hernandez battled for a leadoff walk. A two-out walk to Taylor was the end of the line for Newcomb, who had pitched two innings in Game 1.Kevin Gausman’s arrival was greeted by Justin Turner’s base hit, which became a two-run play when left fielder Acuña let the ball skip past.Related Articles Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more